It was established in 1985 to encourage women to get mammograms in an effort to detect disease early.
Who Started the Breast Cancer Awareness Month?
Breast Cancer Awareness Month was established in 1985 as a partnership between Imperial Chemical Industries and the American Cancer Society. Breast cancer survivor Betty Ford helped kick off the week-long event.
How to Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month?
1. Wear a pink ribbon daily in October
3. Educate about the symptoms & prevention of breast cancer.
2. Support cancer patients by donating
What Does the Breast Cancer Ribbon Represent?
The Breast Cancer Ribbon symbolizes breast cancer cause, raise awareness, and bring women together in solidarity.
Breast Cancer Prevention Tips
1. Maintain a healthy weight
3. If you have a family history of breast cancer, talk to your doctor about other ways to lower your risk