What is Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
The Health Place
Who Needs IUI, Complications, and Success Rates.
The IUI procedure is used to treat infertility. When your ovaries release one or more eggs, concentrated sperm is directly placed into your uterus.
Who does IUI help?
– Unexplained Infertility
– Mild Endometriosi
– Low Sperm Count
– Decreased Sperm Motility
– Trying to Conceive as a Single Woman
– Disease Affecting the Fallopian Tube
Is IUI Painful?
Nope. IUI procedure is not painful. However, it can be quite unbearable for other women.
Complications Associated With IUI
– Multiple pregnancie
– Ectopic pregnancy
– Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
– Sudden increase in abdominal size
– Nausea and vomiting
IUI Success Rates
– 19% : People Under 35
– 15%: People Between 35 and 37
– 13.4%: People Between 38 and 40
– 12% : People Over 40