Pregnancy is a notable and special time in a woman’s life where the trimester ensures the fundamental rules. Also, during this time, the woman goes through a lot of stress, including pain and inflammation. Therefore, special care is also demanded in this specific period. Also, during the first month of pregnancy, the body can ensure several changes because the ongoing process of developing the baby’s body also takes place.
Also, in the first trimester, you can witness nausea, fatigue, pain, breast tenderness, and many more things. Still, there is nothing to worry about, as these symptoms are highly common in the individual’s body. These symptoms will also subside with the second month of the trimester. Also, there are a few that you should perform to avoid the symptoms of the trimester, and in this blog, you can find that.
What is the first trimester?
Normally, a woman’s pregnancy lasts for up to 40 weeks, and this whole counting of the week is further divided into three trimesters.
- Well, the first trimester is defined as the earliest phase of pregnancy.
- This is counted from the first day of pregnancy that started on the last day of your pregnancy.
- Thus, with the calculation, this lasts up to 13h weeks.
- This time is highly valuable as several changes occur in the body during this period, and you can also require a doctor.
The first trimester is thus calculated with the period from fertilization of the egg by the sperm to the 12 weeks of pregnancy. Some of the major concerns a woman think includes:
- Which type of parental test should they take.
- What to eat and what not to.
- The amount of weight they are gaining.
- How they can keep the baby safe and sound.
Apart from this, some symptoms that are common in the first trimester include:
- Upset Stomach
- Throwing Up
- Mood Swings
- Weight Gain
- Rejection to Certain Foods
- Breast Tender,
- Wanting of weird foods
In this period, the body demands additional rest with a proper and healthy diet. Also, some women cannot feel these symptoms and do not feel anything.
What should I avoid in the first month of pregnancy?
There are a few things that you can avoid in the trimester, and the things are further elaborated:
- Hot tubs, steam rooms- This should be avoided as it can provide a lot of pressure on the child’s proper development. Any overheating can also cause the mother to dehydrate and result in fainting.
- Alcohol- Alcohol consumption is harmful to health, especially when you are in pregnancy. It can also result in birth defects.
- Smoking and E-cigarettes should also be avoided, and when a woman finds that she is pregnant, they should immediately contact the doctor and take adequate measures to quit this habit.
- Undercooked eggs and meals- Uncooked meals like steak and raw eggs can contain the risk factor of contracting listeriosis and toxoplasmosis. This is further can be life-threatening and can also lead to miscarriages.
- Avoid raw sprouts- Raw sprouts contain Salmonella and E.Coli, which need to be stopped and avoided.
- Processed meats- Meats like deli meats and hot dogs, contain nitrates, listeria, and nitrites. Hence, it would be best if avoided.
- Fake tans- Fake tans can cause allergies to the skin. Thus the tanning pills and injections should be avoided.
- Heavy works- Any kind of heavy work should be avoided as it can hamper the baby’s development.
- Excess amounts of caffeine should be avoided- A high amount of caffeine can cause problems in the baby’s heart rate. However, up to 200 mg of caffeine can be considered.
Foods to Eat in First Month of Pregnancy
In the trimester, you can demand the following foods:
- Meat (If you are a non-vegetarian)
- Dairy Products
- Foods that are Rich in Folate & Vitamin B6
Do's and Don'ts: First Trimester
As you already know, take special care of yourself and your baby during pregnancy. The following have and don’ts can further help you perform the things easily:
DO'S in First Trimester
- Rest- Take rest more often so that your body and mind can feel relaxed.
- Supplements- In the first trimester, take supplements like Folic Acid, calcium, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, magnesium, and proboscis.
- Exercise- In the trimester, you can do exercises but only light ones. Also, it would help if you asked the gynecologist about the exercises that you will perform.
- Food- Healthy Foods should be consumed in this period, like sweet potatoes, chickpeas and fresh leafy vegetables, dairy items including milk, yogurt and many more. And if you are a non-vegetarian, you can eat eggs, lean meat, fish and many more. Also, try to keep yourself hydrated.
DON'TS in First Trimester
- Travel- You should not travel in this situation, as several complexities can occur.
- Weight- Try to control fatigue by eating healthy. Also, maintain a healthy and fixed weight during the first period of the trimester.
- Stress- Stress at this point can be dangerous, so try to avoid things that can cause stress.
1 Month Pregnant Baby Size
By the end of the first month, the fetus is about 1/4 inch (6-7 mm) long. It is smaller than a grain of rice.
Thus, if you maintain the above things, you can protect yourself and your baby. Also, always try to communicate with the gynecologist and keep them informed about your conditions. This is a serious time and the most valuable, so take some rest and follow the steps without worry.